Series: Behind the Mask | Week 3: Release the Weight
Read Romans 5:6-8
1. At what point in our lives did Christ die for us?
2. How does verse 7 drive home the significance of verses 6 and 8?
3. Why did God send Christ? What was His motivation?
1. If you find yourself in the place of replaying an offense over and over in your head, ask God to help you take one small step in offering the offender forgiveness by praying for them. As you increasingly do this, the trajectory of your heart will begin to head in the right direction.
2. Forgiveness is remembering how God forgave you in Christ and then offering that to others. Spend some time meditating on the picture of Jesus hanging on a cross, asking His Father to forgive you. Ask Him to help you do your part in keeping that gift alive as you extend that same forgiveness to others.
For Further Reading: Prayers to Overcome Anger and ResentmentFor Families with Kids at Home
Today, talk to your kids about the gospel and why they need Jesus’ forgiveness. Explain the forgiveness that we receive from Jesus is the same forgiveness we are called to share with others.