Series: Good News! | Week 2: Stationed Not Stuck
“For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him. We are in this struggle together. You have seen my struggle in the past, and you know that I am still in the midst of it.”
1. What does Paul tell the Philippian church they are privileged to do? How is suffering for Christ a privilege?
2. Is there a difference between suffering and suffering for Christ? If so, what is the difference?
3. How has Paul already set an example of suffering for Christ? How do you think this encourages them?
1. Do you ever face criticism or opposition for the beliefs you hold as a follower of Christ? Ask God to help you see it as a privilege and thank Him that you’ve been counted worthy to suffer for the name of Jesus!
2. How would you rate yourself at sharing in the struggles of other believers? Do you have a few trusted friends/fellow believers you feel comfortable opening up to? Ask God for the ability to see hurting brothers and sisters around you and for the courage to ask them how they’re doing.
For Further Reading: The God of All Comfort
For Families with Kids at Home:Today, pray that God would use your kids struggles to draw them closer to him. Ask God for wisdom to help your kids navigate struggles, and for the boundaries to know when to step in and when to let them grow through it.