Series: Good News! | Week 2: Stationed Not Stuck
“But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better. I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live.”
1. Death is a real possibility for Paul as he awaits trial. Why is he conflicted?
2. What does he list as the pros and cons of each outcome?
3. Why do you think Paul has such a longing to go and be with Christ?
1. Have you heard the quote, ‘he’s so heavenly minded he’s no earthly good’? Do you think this describes Paul? Why or why not?
2. Do you long to be with Christ? Spend a few minutes imagining being in the presence of Jesus in heaven. Ask God to grow your desire for that day.
For Further Reading: Thoughts on Being Heavenly Minded