Series: Good News! | Week 2: Stationed Not Stuck
“Above all, you must live as citizens of heaven, conducting yourselves in a manner worthy of the Good News about Christ. Then, whether I come and see you again or only hear about you, I will know that you are standing together with one spirit and one purpose, fighting together for the faith, which is the Good News. Don’t be intimidated in any way by your enemies. This will be a sign to them that they are going to be destroyed, but that you are going to be saved, even by God himself.”
1. What three things does Paul encourage in the Philippians lifestyle (vs. 27)?
2. What do you think it would it look like practically for them to live these out?
3. What does the Philippian church seem to be facing as a body of believers (vs. 28)? What will their unity say to people who don’t believe the Good News?
1. What is hardest for you as a follower of Christ – living as a citizen of heaven, conducting yourself in a manner worthy of the gospel or standing together with other believers for your faith? Spend some time talking to God about what’s holding you back and ask for His help in overcoming them.
2. Do you have enemies or people who oppose your faith in Christ? How can being united with other believers encourage you? Pray that God’s church would be unified in fighting the true opposition, not each other.
For Families with Kids at Home:Ask your kids today if there’s anyone that’s hard for them to get along with. Then pray for them, and remind your kids that Jesus loves everyone!