Deconstruct | Reconstruct
August 20, 2023
One of the most common thoughts that get the “gears of deconstruction” moving has to do with human sexuality. More specifically, reconciling what God’s Word declares about sex with our desire as human beings for sex. In this message, Lead Pastor Aaron Brockett teaches us that God created our bodies, cares deeply for our well-being, and created sex as a gift to be enjoyed by a man and woman within a covenant promise of marriage.
We've curated a list of resources to help you dig deeper into the content of the message.
**Please Note: Traders Point does not necessarily endorse everything produced by authors of these sources, including content on online platforms. These resources are simply meant to be helpful tools for the topics covered in this series.*
- Loveology by John Mark Comer
- Love Thy Body by Nancy Pearcey
- Holy Sexuality and the Gospel by Christopher Yuan
2-Part Message from Significant Other Series:
- Sexual Formation: Part 1
- Sexual Formation: Part 2
Traders Point Website: LGBTQ Conversation Resources
- So the Next Generation Will Know: Preparing Young Christians for a Challenging World
For Teenagers or Older Kids
- Can I Ask That?: 8 Hard Questions about God and Faith – Student Guide*
*Parents and Mentors: Access the Leader Guide here
- Can I Ask That Volume 2: More Hard Questions About God & Faith
– Student Guide*
*Parents and Mentors: Access the Volume 2 Leader Guide here
- 10 Questions Every Teen Should Ask (and Answer) about Christianity
- How We Read the Bible: 8 Ways to Engage the Bible with Our Students
- Living in a Gray World: A Christian Teen’s Guide to Understanding Homosexuality
For Kids of All Ages
- If I Could Ask God Anything: Awesome Bible Answers for Curious Kids
- Case for Christ for Kids
- The Big Book of Bible Questions
- God’s Design for Sex Series (4-book series, with a book for each age group: preschool, young elementary, preteen, and teen)
If you want to learn more about our core church beliefs, visit tpcc.org/beliefs.
Series: Deconstruct | Reconstruct
Message: Why Does God Care Who I Sleep With?
Pastor: Aaron Brockett
1 Corinthians 6:13-20,
Engage with the message
Study Guide (PDF)
Explore our archive of messages online.
Each weekday morning we'll send a scripture excerpt and a few questions to help you hear what God is speaking to you.
Subscribe to Daily Bible Reading
If you're looking to get connected at Traders Point and start growing in your faith, we'd love to help you take your next step!
Take Your Next Step
Whether you’re seeking answers about God or are a committed Jesus-follower, you are welcome at Traders Point!