MOHI’s holistic approach starts with the children. Helping a child creates an entry — an open door into the family unit and community. The school essentially becomes a hub or starting point for all their ministry programs designed to empower and equip families and community members.
When a child is enrolled in a MOHI school, they are connected to a social worker who can discern the needs of the family unit. The family is connected to programs such as microfinance, skills training, spiritual development, support groups, discipleship through a church, and so much more. Sponsorship helps transform children, their families, and entire communities — now and for eternity.
Your sponsorship with MOHI:
- Educates children. We provide a quality Christian education to more than 23,000 children, from nursery through high school, in 32 disadvantaged communities throughout Kenya.
- Empowers parents. We offer skills training that helps parents and other community members who have little or no education find employment or start their own businesses and earn a reliable income.
- Restores health. Being whole means being healthy. Our health initiatives are customized to meet the needs of each community to advance physical, mental, emotional, and relational health.
- Redeems hope. Jesus Christ is our source of hope. In all we do, we seek to draw everyone to Him — to help them experience God’s love for the first time or in a fresh way, to grow in their faith, and to share it with the world.
You sponsor a child with MOHI and:
- Build a lasting relationship with your sponsored child, encouraging and uplifting them as they complete their education.
- Ensure your child receives a quality, Christian education, nutritious meals 2x per school day, and appropriate medical care.
- Receive messages from your sponsored child three times a year.
- Feel confident that your sponsored child is shown the hope of the Gospel and love of Jesus Christ through youth ministry programs and youth camps.
- Give your sponsored child the advantage of generational wellness by supporting and providing jobs to their families and their communities.
- Quality Christian education (teachers, staff, classroom supplies, and textbooks)
- Medical & Dental care
- Two nutritious meals each school day
- The care of a social worker
- Spiritual development programs such as VBS, camps, and other activities
- Mentorship beyond High School
- Opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Sponsorship provides an opportunity to create a relationship with a child which has the power to transform both their life and yours!